[NTG-context] 2 sets of footnotes?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 6 09:23:51 CEST 2010

On 6-8-2010 8:35, Martin Althoff wrote:
> Hraban, Thanks.
>
> I will have a play with that -- I am always getting lost in the various sets of syntax rules (mk's, etc)...
>
> You are right, the new MKIV syntax hints at possibilities. Is any documentation other than the footnote page on the wiki and a few recent posts? Do I really have to dig through the sources in base for switches, options, etc?

As with most comands, there is a definecommand. As footnotes are
descriptions you set them up with two commands: \setupnote and
\setupdescriptions

>> In ConTeXt MkIV \setupfootnotes is gone, it's
>> \setupnote[footnote] now (and the "conversion" parameter was
>> renamed to "numberconversion"); you can deduct that there
>> are several kinds of notes should be simply possible via
>> \note[mynote]{} etc. (Since \note collides with MkII's
>> \note, I don't know and I can't test at the moment.)
>

>> Perhaps add your findings to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Footnotes
>
> Happy to do so. I have never written on contextgarden. Just go ahead and modify and expand? Or go through the discussion page first? I'm a bit on the cautious side here ..

there you go

\definenote [onenote] [location=page,way=bychapter]
\definenote [twonote] [location=text,way=bychapter]

\starttext

\chapter{First}

\section {Alpha} test \onenote{alpha one} \twonote {alpha two}
\section {Beta}  test \onenote{beta  one} \twonote {beta  two}

\subject {Notes} \placenotes[twonote]

\chapter{Second}