[NTG-context] font catalogue (re)

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 14:13:47 CEST 2010

  Am 05.08.10 12:47, schrieb R. Bastian:
> Hello,
>
> it is not a list of available fonts i need, but a catalogue where one can see the typefaces.
>
> In the Minimal directory there are 91 tfm files, 309 pfb files and 2043 thm files.
>
> Chap 31 'Fonts and font switches' of ".. an excursion" or
> Sect 5.1.1 in '...the 'Manual' gives no example hwo to go from a tfm fil (say "tcxr.tfm")

There are manuals for this:

- Fonts in ConTeXt: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-6.htm
- TeXfont explained: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-8.htm

A overview over the fonts in the minimals would be nice but we should it
keep then simple:

- name of the font
- short sample text
- characater chart (limited to ascii and a few diacritics)
- example how to use it in context
(- for mkiv a list of the available features, there is a free symbol
font from adobe for this)

Wolfgang