[NTG-context] Palatino math in MKII/XeTeX?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 2 16:00:14 CEST 2010

On 2-8-2010 3:35, Riobard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how I can use Palatino for math in MKII/XeTeX? The following works in MKIV but not in MKII (still get Computer Modern for Math, though main text is in Palatino). Thanks very much!

in type-otf.mkii, search for xmath and add the following in that section

     \starttypescript [math] [palatino] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Palatino-Roman-Upright]
         \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [Palatino-Math-Extension]
         \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [Palatino-Math-Italic]
         \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [Palatino-Math-Symbols]
         \definefontsynonym [MathAlpha]     [Palatino-Math-SymbolsA]
         \definefontsynonym [MathBeta]      [Palatino-Math-SymbolsB]
     \stoptypescript

     \starttypescript [math] [palatino] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [OldStyle]     [MathItalic]
         \definefontsynonym [Fraktur]      [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Blackboard]   [MathBeta]
         \definefontsynonym [Gothic]       [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Calligraphic] [eusm10]
     \stoptypescript

     \starttypescript [math] [times] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Times-Roman-Upright]
         \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [Times-Math-Extension]
         \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [Times-Math-Italic]
         \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [Times-Math-Symbols]
         \definefontsynonym [MathAlpha]     [Times-Math-SymbolsA]
         \definefontsynonym [MathBeta]      [Times-Math-SymbolsB]