[NTG-context] Minimals without rsync - again?

Martin Althoff martin.althoff at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 05:52:30 CEST 2010

As I am working in China at the moment, rsync only works sporadically (super slow, possibly not at all for a couple of days, then at high speed for a day or two), kind of soft blocked. Having clobbered my installation of minimals (and other things) because of it,

Not a solution, but a crutch: zip up the whole minimals folder before running rsync. For me that's just under 130MB. Date the file, keep a few...

Maybe the now suggested solution will work for me sometime in the future. Currently I am on holiday outside of China. rsync works like a charm in Indonesia.

Martin