[NTG-context] Placing footnotes in right margin en bloc at bottom of page

Elias Oltmanns eo at nebensachen.de
Wed Jul 28 13:19:41 CEST 2010

Hi there,

not being a ConTeXt user myself, I have been advised on the tex-d-l list
of the German TUG that a certain problem could possibly be solved more
easily in ConTeXt than in LaTeX. So, here is what I'm trying to achieve:
The numerous but short footnotes of a document shall be placed in the
right margin rather than below the main text area. Additionally, though,
the footnotes should not be placed near the call up (similar to what
\marginpar does), but type set en bloc at the bottom of the page. In
other words, the main text area should have fixed margins all round
across all pages and the footnotes should be printed in a small
rectangular block beside the main text area such that the height of this
block varies according to the number of footnotes on the page, but the
block is always flushed to the bottom of the page. You'll find an ascii
art illustration below.

Is such a layout feasible in ConTeXt without too much hassle at all?

Regards,

Elias

================================
=                        |     =