[NTG-context] Setting up protrusion, side-effects

Martin Althoff martin.althoff at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 11:20:50 CEST 2010

> Fonts are sometimes special and when ypu load a font it's
> setting (e.g. ligatures, protrusion etc.) are frozen. To change the
> settings you need \definefontfeature before \setupbodyfont,

OK, got it. Makes sense!

Could this also be extended to \switchtobodyfont, in case I am using more then one font. Any \definefontfeature statements would have to be done before switching to any new font?

In regard to the use of \showbodyfont in combination with protusion (the second mentioned problem) messing up palatino (ie. TexGyre Pagella), does that mean \setupbodyfont is doing some "background work" causing the layout following it to fail when protrusion is applied?

Thanks again, Martin