[NTG-context] Grammar

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jul 28 02:00:15 CEST 2010

On 28-7-2010 1:12, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Dnia Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 09:53:18AM -0700, Rory Molinari napisał(a):
>> I usually flip a coin to choose between "he" and "she" before I start
>> a document, and stick with it.  (If I think the issue might be of
>> interest to the reader I add a footnote explaining this.)
>
> I like that!  Although I bet that sooner or later some stupid feminist
> will accuse you of cheating (unless you toss the "female" side more
> often, in which case she'll be waiting for this tendency to change;)...)

as normally one can swap he/she without problems, we can make a module
for that ..

% Of course one can now wonder if \heshe or \shehe should be defined first.

\getrandomcount\scratchcounter{0}{10}

\ifnum\scratchcounter<5
     \enablemode[gender:male]
     \edef\heshe {he}
     \edef\HeShe {He}
     \edef\hisher{His}
\else
     \enablemode[gender:female]
     \edef\heshe {she}
     \edef\HeShe {She}
     \edef\hisher{Her}
\fi

\let\shehe \heshe
\let\SheHe \HeShe
\let\herhis\hisher

\starttext

I wonder if \heshe\ likes reading this article.

\stoptext

(looks like i need to move some initialization code as the seed is set
at starttext time which is too late)