[NTG-context] Images missing from PDF when created by Adobe

Tom Tom at tuxedo-press.com
Fri Jul 23 02:44:51 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----  Am 22.07.10 06:07, schrieb Tom:
> Thanks, Wolfgang. I never would have considered this to be the problem.
> Converting the first image to eps made it work. Should PostScript Level 2
> and Encapsulated PostScript be selected when converting the images in
Gimp?

> Does MKIV require the same image formats as MKII? Is this all an artifact
of
> some early incarnation of Context?

mkiv has only pdf as output format so you can use the same image formats
as mkii in pdf mode, the restriction has nothing to do with context, it
comes
from the driver (pdftex) which allows only certain formats for pdf and dvi

Wolfgang

Do I understand correctly that MKIV will not output a dvi or ps file and
that no stable version of it outputs a PDF/X-1a:2001 format file?

Is a version with this feature expected to be stable in a year?

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey