[NTG-context] \sc missing in Antykwa Torunska

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 18 12:22:47 CEST 2010

On 18-7-2010 7:24, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 06:42, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 17.07.10 23:41, schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I didn't yet figure out why, but small caps font for Antykwa Torunska
>>> doesn't work in MKIV:
>>>
>>> \usetypescript[antykwa-torunska]
>>> \setupbodyfont[antykwa]
>>> \starttext
>>> abc \sc def
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> The bug is also present in TL 2010. It works fine with MKII.
>>>

>> Add \definefontfeature[smallcaps][smallcaps][script=latn] to your document.
>
> Thank you Wolfgang, this helps, but:
> - Why do the smallcaps works in LM, Antykwa Poltawskiego, ... then?
> - Shouldn't this work automatically?

because in many cases features are not defined consistently in terms if
script / language combinations, so sometimes one needs the script=latn,
sometimes also a language, sometimes it's put into dflt,dflt ... don't
expect opentype to make live easier: more coverage is a benefit which
saves users headaches, but features introduce a new one.