[NTG-context] Serbian: Latin vs. Cyrillic

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jul 12 16:08:39 CEST 2010

On 12-7-2010 4:00, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> Datuma 11. srpnja 2010. 13:24 Mojca Miklavec
> <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>  je napisao/la:
>> It would be great if ConTeXt supported:
>>
>> \mainlanguage
>>     [serbian]
>>     [script=latin | cyrillic]
>>
>> as well as
>>
>> \mainlanguage
>>     [english]
>>     [variant=american | british]
>>
>> etc. This is what Polyglossia does and I find it nice.
>
> +1. How hard would it be to implement that?

i have no clue what it means but we have already inheritance in place
since ages

so effectively we have:

\installlanguage [usenglish]   [en-us]
\installlanguage [ukenglish]   [en-gb]
\installlanguage [english]     [en-us]

and adding

\installlanguage [brittish]    [en-uk]

is no big deal

i see no advantage in adding yet another mechanism for that

with regards to script ... not sure how that relates as the language
mechanism does two things

- labels and conventions (time, date, numbering, quoting, ...)
- hyphenation control