[NTG-context] Newbie: floats with Context 2009 (Ubuntu). How do I use this workaround?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 07:38:57 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 00:10, Pascale Julia wrote:
> My last question if I may:

So I may not reply to the other question then? :)

> I am using Kile as an editor, and warming up to using Emacs. How is this
> minimals installation accessed by either of those two programs?

I don't know those two programs in detail. But as a general rule, you
need to add
    /path/to/tex/texmf-linuxorwhateverelse/bin
to PATH. If you run Kile or Emacs from terminal, all you need to do is
to use ". /path/to/setupetex" or adjust path before you run Kile or
Emacs. You can also put that into .bashrc. I have no idea how to
handle PATH if you run Kile from "Start Menu", but PATH adjustments
need to be somewhere under settings. Under Kile you can just as well
adjust PATH in command-line.

For Emacs: you don't need any adjustment unless you also run ConTeXt
documents from within Emacs. I use Vim in one terminal and compile
documents in the other.

Mojca