[NTG-context] nomarking function in MKIV

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:30:36 CEST 2010

Am 01.07.10 10:16, schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 00:35:44 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Am 30.06.10 10:19, schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
>>
>>> Additionally,
>>> \chapter [title={First chapter},list={First}]
>>> does not work. Logically this should work just as \startchapter.
>>>
>> This won't happen
>>
> So it is not a good idea?
> Or just complicated to implement, currently?

It's possible but Hans answer is he will not implement this. Since he
also removed
the paragraph delimited versions of the header commands (\chapter
...\par) your
chances for extensions are very low.

>> but what you can do is to write a macro which accepts
>> different values for
>> headers/footers, the running text and the toc (i know the entries in the
>> toc and text are wrong).
>>
> There is an entire class of users who will not get involved
> writing macros, for whom \unprotect \protect is unknown.
> I know that this is certainly *not* your case.

What i tried to show with my example this what's possible to get around
with the limitations but my code does not work and won't work with the
help of Hans because it needs hocks in the list macros (there is currently
no automated way to tell whether you're in a list or not).

Wolfgang