[NTG-context] direction in columnset (MKII)

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 22:37:41 CEST 2010

Am 28.06.10 18:39, schrieb Jelle Huisman:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to tell columnsets which column is the first one?
> I use columnset in MKII to typeset Arabic text in a multicolumn layout
> and the text starts in the left column. Is there a nice way to force
> the text to start in the right column? Something like
> \definecolumnset[arabic][n=2,direction=right] doesn't work.
> (A nasty, ugly hack is fine too ;-)
>
> Example:
>
> \starttext
> \definecolumnset[arabic][n=2,direction=right]
> \startcolumns[arabic]
> Oeps. In Arabic the 'first' column is on the right: \input knuth
> \stopcolumns
> \stoptext

It makes no sense to set values for columnset but use regular columns in
your document
and the correct value for direction you want is 'left' not 'right'.

\starttext

% columnset

\definecolumnset[arabic][n=2,direction=left]
\startcolumnset[arabic]
Oeps. In Arabic the 'first' column is on the right:\par\column\input knuth
\stopcolumnset

\page

% columns

\startcolumns[direction=left]
Oeps. In Arabic the 'first' column is on the right:\par\column\input knuth
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Wolfgang