[NTG-context] producing a pdf/X-1a:2001 file

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Sun Jun 27 16:13:30 CEST 2010

Am 26.06.2010 22:25, schrieb Ciro:
> Peter, thank you for you file.
> I tested it, but the \usePDFXoutputintent
> command is not understood by texexec.

true. the example code is mkiv only. as mkii is frozen (no new features)
pdf/x support is limited to mkiv. you also wrote
'The file produced by LuaTex is PDF 1.5.', so where is the problem? ;)

mkii (pdftex): texexec yourbook.tex
mkiv (luatex): context yourbook.tex

anyhow, here is an interesting link about pdf/x-1a

http://www.prepressure.com/pdf/basics/pdfx-1a

there a quite a lot of other restrictions in pdf/x-1a (aside from what
can be handled in context). be sure to fulfil them all.
and you have to ask your printing house, what output intent is used
(probably stated on their side).

updated test files (now one for each version) are attached.