[NTG-context] Error in installing new beta

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Jun 13 23:06:27 CEST 2010

On Jun 13, 2010, at 10:58 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 13-6-2010 7:32, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>

>> TEXMFHOME       = "~/texmf-home", -- "tree:///~/texmf
>>
>> for mkii, however, it is set in texmf.cnf (l. 31)
>>
>> TEXMFHOME     = $HOME/texmf
>>
>> why these two different values? I consider texmf-home as wrong.
>
> because i dislike having a 'texmf' other than the main one anywhere (if only because it makes tracing a pain) .. i'll set it to texmf but will probably add some warnings in a future version

Well, I know that, we've been discussing it for a while. But then both mkii and mkiv still should have  the same value. And ~/texmf is the canonical thing; disregarding it will confuse any casual user.

> strange as that should be intercepted. I'll see what my mac does with it when i hav eit up and running.

I get the same behavior on linux.

> tree:// is just one of the uri's supported (and permits loading files from some tree) and this scheme is autoinserted when no !! is used; the !! will become cache:// .. much of that is still experimental

OK, thanks for the info. I used to have my own configuration, but environment variables aren't used any more. How does mkiv store the config information now? How could I overwrite the values that mtxrun --variables shows?

All best

Thomas