[NTG-context] can Context render complex scripts?

Michael Saunders odradek5 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 21:29:40 CEST 2010

> As Khaled mentioned ... are these proper otf fonts or do they rely on
> specific features in the microsoft engine?

They all carry the .ttf extender.  Arial Unicode MS is clearly True
Type.  I've seen some of the free fonts widely described as Open Type,
but they are all amateur products---maybe they don't comply with the
standard properly.

If True Type fonts won't work correctly without an external engine and
Context can't harness an external engine, then it looks like I will
just have to wait for a more modern font to come along.

Thanks for the article, Khaled.