[NTG-context] failure with "luatools --generate"

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jun 13 16:33:43 CEST 2010

On 11-6-2010 6:17, Eythan Weg wrote:

> Thank you. I ran
>
> mtxrun --generate
>
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '/'
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to '/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf'
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
>      MTXrun | fileio: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'

looks like another tex system is installed (some old tetex maybe,
repackaged by a distributor) that sets some environment variables as well

(1) add the minimals bin path to the fron of $PATH
(2) unset TEXMFCNF or set it to the minimals one

or uninstall the other tex tree.

(it's why on my systems i always unset potential clashing variables)