[NTG-context] Irregularity in a topspace a bottomspace?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:16:09 CEST 2010

Am 11.06.10 07:45, schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:
> Hi all.
> I was surprised that when I set up (in the MKII and MKIV too) topspace
> parameter to a nonzero value and the value of the bottomspace
> parameter to zero value, then the size of bottomspace is the same as
> topspace size.
> On the other side, if I set topspace to zero value and the bottomspace
> to nonzero value, ConTeXt behaves as I expected.
> Is this a normal behavior ConTeXt?
> Ie. when bottomspace is zero, then  the paper has only the tops and
> not bottoms?

When you set 'width=fit' or 'width=middle' context looks at the
bottomspace value and if the bottomspace height is 0pt it assign to the
bottomspace the height of the topspace. The only thing you can do it to
assign a domension ti height, e.g. 'height=15cm'.

@Hans: How about a 'height=auto' key which calculates the textheight
like 'height=middle' but doen't change the bottomspace value even if the
value is 0pt?

Wolgang