[NTG-context] Irregularity in a topspace a bottomspace?

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Fri Jun 11 07:45:11 CEST 2010

Hi all.
I was surprised that when I set up (in the MKII and MKIV too) topspace
parameter to a nonzero value and the value of the bottomspace parameter
to zero value, then the size of bottomspace is the same as topspace size.
On the other side, if I set topspace to zero value and the bottomspace
to nonzero value, ConTeXt behaves as I expected.
Is this a normal behavior ConTeXt?
Ie. when bottomspace is zero, then  the paper has only the tops and not
bottoms?

Thanx

Jaroslav

My minimal example (watch showlayout):

1. topspace is nonzero, bottomspace is zero value:

\setuplayout[
     backspace=0cm,
     leftmargin=0cm,
     width=fit,
     rightmargin=0cm,
     cutspace=0cm,
     topspace=2cm,
     headerdistance=0cm,
     header=0cm,
     height=fit,
     footerdistance=0cm,
     footer=0cm,
     bottomspace=0cm
]

\starttext
\showlayout
\input tufte
\stoptext

2. topspace is nonzero, bottomspace is nonzero value too:

\setuplayout[
     backspace=0cm,
     leftmargin=0cm,
     width=fit,
     rightmargin=0cm,
     cutspace=0cm,
     topspace=2cm,
     headerdistance=0cm,
     header=0cm,
     height=fit,
     footerdistance=0cm,
     footer=0cm,
     bottomspace=1cm
]

\starttext
\showlayout
\input tufte
\stoptext

3. topspace is zero, bottomspace is nonzero value:
\setuplayout[
     backspace=0cm,
     leftmargin=0cm,
     width=fit,