[NTG-context] \setupcite[authornum][...] not working

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 8 16:36:32 CEST 2010

Stefan Müller wrote:

> I already tried apa style, the same there. In addition, the names of a
> citation placed with \cite[author] (e.g. "Doe and Fisher") are not typesetted
> as those of a citation placed with \cite[authornum] (e.g. "Doe,Fisher"),
> although I think (from a short glimpse at bibl-ams.tex) they should.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Any help appreciated.

No, it is just a hack (authornum). I tried to fix it now, but that is
turning out harder than I expected so probably the best approach is to
redefine authornum using author and num:

\def\bibauthornumref[#1]%
  {\bibalternative{left}%
   \cite[author][#1]
   \bibalternative{inbetween}%
   \cite[num][#1]
   \bibalternative{right}}

with that, 'authornum' listens to left, right and inbetween keys,
and there rest of formatting is controlled by \setupcite[num] and
\setupcite[author].

Best wishes,
Taco