[NTG-context] getting new font variants to work

Michael Murphy michael.murphy at uni-ulm.de
Thu Jun 3 13:52:51 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to get some new font variants defined, such as Medium,
Semibold, etc. What I have so far is the following.

\definealternativestyle[medium][\me][]

\starttypescript [serif] [minionpro]
   \definefontsynonym[MinionPro-Medium][name:MinionPro-Medium]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [minionpro] [name]
   \definefontsynonym[SerifMedium][MinionPro-Medium]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [regular] [size]
   \definebodyfont [10pt, 11pt, 12pt] [rm] [%
     it=SerifItalic sa 1,
     bi=SerifBoldItalic sa 1,
     bf=SerifBold sa 1,
     tf=SerifRegular sa 1,
     me=SerifMedium sa 1]
\stoptypescript

then I set up the font with

\definetypeface [adobe] [rm] [serif] [minionpro] [regular]
\setupbodyfont[11pt]

This all looks fine, but then

{\me This should be medium}

doesn't work, and neither does \me{...} or \medium{...}. I should say that

\definedfont[SerifMedium]

does work though. How can I fix this, short of

\def\me{\definedfont[SerifMedium]}

--
Michael Murphy