[NTG-context] unicode integral sign

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud at ya.ru
Sat May 29 17:21:07 CEST 2010

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I try the following:
>>
>> \starttext
>> $∫_a^b \int_a^b$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> In the first case, the integral sign is below the text. Should I use
>> another font, or is it possible to fix with the default one?
>
> It is possible to fix this. The reason for the odd placement is that the
> 'math code' of ∫ is not set up properly (and it probably isn't either
> for some other bare Unicode characters). To fix the hard way, add this
> at the top of your input file:
>
> \Umathcode `∫ = 1 0 `∫ % 1 == \mathop, 0=fam0, ∫=glyph
Is there any documentation on char-def.lua file format? If I'll understand
it, I'll send a patch for the symbols I use.

Currently I have no idea why the following strings in char-def don't work.

[0x222B]={
  adobename="integral",
  category="sm",
  cjkwd="a",
  description="INTEGRAL",
  direction="on",
  linebreak="ai",
  mathspec={
    { class="nothing", name="intop" },
    { class="limop"  , name="int"   },
  },
  unicodeslot=0x222B,
 },

Replacing mathspec=... with mathclass="limop", mathname="int" seems to work
(copied from n-ary summation).

BTW, in both solution ∫_a acts like \int\limits_a, not \int_a.