[NTG-context] Anyone ?? (Math symbols missing)

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon May 24 18:32:43 CEST 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010, gummybears wrote:

> The following math symbols are missing,
>
> 0x222B normal integral \int
> 0x222C double integral \iint
> 0x222D triple integral \iiint
> 0x222E contour integral \oint
> 0x222F surface integral \oiint
> 0x2230 volume integral \oiiint

I get these symbols (Wrong spacing between ints, see below):

\usetypescript[asana]
\setupbodyfont[asana]

\starttext
\startlines
0x222B normal integral  $\int$
0x222C double integral  $\iint$
0x222D triple integral  $\iiint$
0x222E contour integral $\oint$
0x222F surface integral $\oiint$
0x2230 volume integral  $\oiiint$
\stoplines
\stoptext

Does it give the glyphs for you? If not, then something really is broken
in your setup. Can you send me your log and output file offlist.

The spacing around \int is different in MkII and MkIV. One can get the
right spacing by playing around with \dointkern

\def\dointkern
   {\mkern-6mu\mathchoice{\mkern-3mu}{}{}{}}

For asana, change -6mu to -16mu.

> I also need the space-time integral \iiiint (4 i's)

\definemathcommand[iiiint] {\repeatintegral{4}}

Is there a unicode slot for this?

Hans, we need a proper fallback mechanism for math glyphs. LM does not
contain iint, etc, so we need to fake them, Asana and cambria do have
them, so we should use the glyph from the font. Currently, the glyph is
always faked.

Aditya