[NTG-context] \ldots

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed May 19 20:55:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Jan Pohanka wrote:

> Hello,
> I discovered that with one font the \ldots command typesets three colons
> (:::).
>
> I found these lines in plain.tex

No, for mkii you should look at math-*.mkii files. The relevant file in
this case is math-tex.mkii, which defines

\definemathsymbol [ldotp] [punct] [mi] ["3A]

> saying the \ldots uses character on position 3A. In the font (type 1), there
> is really the semicolon on this position.
> How to make context to use proper character (\period), which is on position
> 2E in the font without changing this file?

You need to define a new math encoding (see math-ams.mkii or
math-eul.mkii).

> Or is it possible to use a special
> glyph for horizontal ellipsis with \ldots command? (It exists in the font)

\definemathsymbol [ldots] [inner] [mi] ["XX]

where XX is the location of the glyph.

Aditya