[NTG-context] footnote in TABLE

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:21:13 CEST 2010

Thanks both Wolfgang and Vianney.

** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-05-19 10:42:19 +0200]:

> Am 19.05.10 10:11, schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
>>Hi.

>>Am I right that footnote don't work inside TABLE?

>>Example:
>><example file="footnote_in_TABLE.ctx">
>>\starttext

>>Interaction between footnote and TABLE.

>>\bTABLE
>>\bTR \bTD This is first column \eTD \bTD This is second column\footnote{More convenient way to index as $a_{12}$ --- row and column}\eTD \eTR
>>\bTR \bTD This is second row \eTD \bTD This is cell in second row and second column\eTD \eTR
>>\eTABLE

>>\stoptext
>></example>

>>In table there is a mark (i.e. superscripted 1) but there is no
>>text.

> Write in the table '\postponenotes\footnote{...}' or use
> \automigrateinserts in preamble
> but for floats use localfootnotes.

Both methods work fine (preamble is part of document before \starttext I
guess).

Do I understand it correctly that TABLE is NOT a float?

I played with \{start,stop}locafootnotes, \placelocafootnotes;
\postponenotes; \automigrateinserts and \footnotetext -- \note:

- \postponenotes: works as footnote in text;
                                             (footnoteTABLE3)
- \automigrateinserts: works too but result looks like there are two
  columns (word 'column' is hyphenated);
                                             (footnoteTABLE4)
- \{start,stop}localfootnote: this gives a big gap between number and
  text in note;
                                             (footnoteTABLE2)
- \footnotetext -- \note: works as footnote in text.
                                             (footnoteTABLE)

>>P.S. I use ctx extension for context (mkiv) files.

> Use *.tex for your files, the ctx-extension for preprocessing files,
> see http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xmanipulate.pdf

OK, I'll change my files and templates.

---
WBW, Vladimir Lomov

--
People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of the
future.