[NTG-context] problem with def

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed May 12 21:21:58 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 10:52:03 Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > In plain pdftex I can define a string thus:
> > \def\booktitle{My Book Title}
> >
> > and then reuse it later as
> > \rightline{\bf\booktitle}
> >  But in Context when I use
> > \rightaligned{\bf\booktitle}
> >
> > it errors on the tag \booktitle
>
> This definitely should work, so you should post a minimal
> example (are you defining \booktitle inside a group?)
>
> > I tried \the\booktitle but that didn't work either.
>
> This should not work.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

> http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

>________

When I put together an example in a single file it works. In my
more extended example the fonts are defined in fonts.tex, the
value of the string is defined in macros.tex and the usage is
defined in half.tex. There is a \startstandardmakeup
\stopstandardmakeup. Here is my master file:
----------------------------------%Example book.tex file for novel.

\input macros.tex
\input fonts.tex
\starttext
\startfrontmatter
\startstandardmakeup
\input half.tex
\input title.tex
\input copy.tex
%\input ded.tex
%\input ack.tex
%\input content.tex
\stopstandardmakeup
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodytext
\input body.tex
\stopbodytext
\startbackmatter
\stopbackmatter
\stoptext

Since I can't come up with a brief example of the problem I will
start commenting things out, moving things from file to file and
see what happens.

This feature is a nice to have and not a got to have. I can always
just retype the title wherever it occurs. But it is a head scratcher.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press