[NTG-context] PPCHTEX with PSTricks option

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri May 7 10:23:20 CEST 2010

On 7-5-2010 9:12, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> ppchtex has been rewritten for conTeXt using luatex
> and line drawing has been considerably improved.
> However, I do not believe that this version will (ever)
> be adapted for use with LaTeX. Perhaps Hans can give
> you a better answer.

indeed the mkiv reimplementation will not be backported to latex as it
involved a combination of tex, lua and mp now and is integrated into the
context kernel (we have math in the kernel so why not chemistry)

> I tried your example, with decent results (see test.pdf)
> with the latest texlive version of pdflatex.
> Yet trying the pstricks driver gives an error:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <recently read>  \c at lor@to at ps

looks like a pstricks is not loadec completely

i cannot test it here as pstricks with ppchtex in mkii does not work
that well because i need to support latex and using the context pstricks
layer would then complicat ethe code (in mkii we use metapost instead
anyway)