[NTG-context] tooltips and glossary

Michael Saunders odradek5 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:18:26 CEST 2010

>> Also, is there no Context method to produce a glossary?  It might be
>> enough to produce a secondary .bib file with special entries and to
>> print this out as a secondary "References" section, but I don't know
>> how to do this or how to control the appearance of the printed
>> "references".

Wolfgang Schuster:

> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/definesynonyms

If you read that page, you'll notice it doesn't say what the second
and third arguments of \definesynonyms do, what the command
\definesynonyms itself does, nor does it hint at what \infull is
doing.  There is certainly nothing there about using an external
database.  I don't see any way to use \definesynonyms for a glossary
or any practical purpose for \definesynonyms at all, and the
abbreviations example is obviously more trouble than it's worth.

More to the point, there is nothing about tooltips.  Is there a way
for Context to produce tooltips in text (with invisible buttons,
perhaps)?