[NTG-context] RSFS Font

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:25:29 CEST 2010

Hi Troy,

Did you try the following:
%%%%%%%%%%%% file rsfs-mkiv.tex
% first comes the patch sent by Hans:
\unprotect
\chardef\msfam\plustwo % math symbol
\def\c!ms{ms}
\unexpanded\def\ms{\ifmmode\fam\plustwo\else\setcurrentfontalternative\c!ms\fi}
\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount
\def\enablesymbolmath {\chardef\symbolmathmode\plusone  }
\def\disablesymbolmath{\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount}
\appendtoks
  \ifcase\symbolmathmode\or\dosetmathfamily\msfam\c!ms\fi
\to \mathstrategies
\enablesymbolmath
\protect % end of patch

\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern]
  \definefontsynonym[MathSymbol][MathSymbol-Regular at symbol-math]
  \loadfontgoodies[symbol-math]
\stoptypescript
\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern] [size]

  % extras on top of regular and bold
  \definebodyfont
      [4pt,5pt,6pt,7pt,8pt,9pt,10pt,
       11pt,12pt,14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt]
      [mm]
%       [ms=MathSymbol sa 1] % I commented out this
      [ms=rsfs10 sa 1] % I replaced the above line by this

\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[modern] \setupbodyfont[modern,10pt]

\def\scr      {\ms}
\def\script#1{{\scr#1}}

\enableboldmath
\enablesymbolmath

\setupbodyfont[10pt]

\starttext
Recall that since ${\scr D}({\Bbb R}^n)\subset {\scr S}({\Bbb R}^n)$, and is dense, then we have
\startformula
{\scr S}'({\Bbb R}^n)\subset {\scr D}'({\Bbb R}^n)
\stopformula
This file has been typeset
on \currentdate{}
at \currenttime,
with
\doifmodeelse{mkiv}
	{mkiv,
	LuaTeX version \the\luatexversion,
	LuaTeX revision \luatexrevision,
	(LuaTeX date stamp \luatexdatestamp), }
	{mkii, }
	ConTeXt version \contextversion.
\stoptext
On my machine the rsfs font is shown under mkiv, but there a few issues with spacing of some characters as you may see in the resulting PDF. Hans gave a mission to Aditya, Mojca (and very remotely to me, given my more than limited skills…) to track down some of th eissues with math in mkiv. Aditya is right now travelling, so without an easy access the internet, beside being busy with his thesis. I am sure he will return soon and we will have some insights frm him and Hans.

Best regards: OK