[NTG-context] RSFS Font

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 13 17:26:34 CEST 2010

On 13-4-2010 12:41, Otared Kavian wrote:

> On 13 avr. 2010, at 04:13, Troy Henderson wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to follow
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/rsfs
>>
>> to get a script L in math mode (to denote Laplace Transform) but to no
>> avail.  I followed the code in the first section, but I get the
>> following compilation error.  Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Troy
>>

> Hi Troy,
>
> The following works fine for me in mkii, but not in mkiv since, as you observe, the command
> \purefamily
> seems to have disappeared from mkiv:

Sure, as we have a complete different model now as in mkiv we take
complete freedom to divert from the regular tex approach of families.

Anyhow, the following shoudl work out ok. You need the beta that i just
uploaded as some extra checks were needed because these are non typical
fonts. This is just a test. In order to have a nice solution we'd have
to define a proper virtual setup (so in fact symbol then becomes a
collection of alternatives; of course we can consider adding them the
base lm set instead)

\unprotect

\chardef\msfam\plustwo % math symbol

\def\c!ms{ms}

\unexpanded\def\ms{\ifmmode\fam\plustwo\else\setcurrentfontalternative\c!ms\fi}

\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount

\def\enablesymbolmath {\chardef\symbolmathmode\plusone  }
\def\disablesymbolmath{\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount}

\appendtoks
     \ifcase\symbolmathmode\or\dosetmathfamily\msfam\c!ms\fi
\to \mathstrategies

\enablesymbolmath

\protect

\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern]
     \definefontsynonym[MathSymbol][MathSymbol-Regular at symbol-math]
     \loadfontgoodies[symbol-math]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern] [size]

     % extras on top of regular and bold

     \definebodyfont
         [4pt,5pt,6pt,7pt,8pt,9pt,10pt,
          11pt,12pt,14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt]
         [mm]
         [ms=MathSymbol sa 1]

\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[modern] \setupbodyfont[modern,10pt]

\def\scr      {\ms}
\def\script#1{{\scr#1}}

\enableboldmath
\enablesymbolmath

\setupbodyfont[10pt]

\starttext
\input knuth

${\scr ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

$\sum_{\scr ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

$\sum_{\mb ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

\startformula
\sum_{j \in \scr M} {\scr L}_{j} = {\scr P}.
\stopformula