[NTG-context] \nocap does not work

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:19:32 CEST 2010

Am 12.04.10 21:23, schrieb Marco:
>> With MkIV \cap and \nocap is no longer necessary when you have a
>> opentype font
>> with the smcp (smallcapitals) and c2sc (capitals to smallcapitals)
>> features.
>>
> Thanks for your explanation. But why doesn't your example work with the
> latin modern fonts? Don't they have these features? I'd be surprised
> when they don't have small caps.
>
> I'm against wikifying MKII stuff. Maybe I'll add a MKII-only note. When
> I'm not completely mistaken I think its use should fade away in the near
> future. So creating documentation for MKII is a waste of time.
>
> Why are non-working commands like this not removed in MKIV? An undefined
> control sequence is easier debuggable than weird behaviour in my opinion.

\cap and \nocap are still usefull in MkIV because not each font has
smallcaps
features and there are cases where you prefer fakecaps over smallcaps.

Hans rewrote also the macros for \cap which use now the same mechanism
as \word and \WORD in MkIV and this exampke produce the same result.

\starttext
\WORD{\tx text text text \WORD{\tx text} text \word{text} text}
\stoptext

Wolfgang