[NTG-context] Typographical Engineering in Context

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Mon Apr 12 23:18:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 02:40:29 -0600, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 avr. 2010, at 19:00, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
>> News flash: it's already there! See attached.
>

> Hi Idriss,
>
> That's wonderful!

:-)

> Could you please tell us what font you have used

It's very experimental at the moment, but I hope to have a release by the
end of this year or earlier ... still working on the details of how to
release it etc...

> and give us the font features turned on to get that kind of coloring and
> « kashide »?

Those are not font features, but rather a "goodies" package by Hans that
allows one to set glyphs for coloring.

The trick in this case is that I separate the main shapes from the dots in
the font, otherwise this won't work with any other arabic font afaik.

> Can you send an example ConTeXt file that produces what you sent as a
> png file?

It's part of a larger file, and somewhat useless as a sample for a moment,
but I'll contact you offlist for some discussion about it if u're
interested.

:-)

Peace
Idris