[NTG-context] streams! atleast the left||right synchronization mechanism

Salil Sayed salilsay at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 09:45:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

As I am moving from mkII to mkIV with my thesis manuscript, I need to make the 'left||right synchronization mechanism' to work. I worked beautifully in mkII. I looked in the source of the module but could not make out where the issue is. I errors I get today begin like this.

(/home/me/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/m-streams.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.19 \defineoutputstream
                         [\v!left]
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.20 \defineoutputstream
                         [\v!right]
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.22 \definemarknote
                    [\v!left]
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.23 \definemarknote
                    [\v!right]
?
)
system          : module streams loaded

what is this (  \v!  ) thing? where can I get the clues? Does it come from Tex or LuaTex programming?

Thanks,

Salil