[NTG-context] Multiple bibliographies (bib-module, mkiv)

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 8 23:26:36 CEST 2010

On 2010-03-31 <20:31:48>, marfin wrote:
> I need two bibliographies for my document, »Primary sources« and
> »Secondary sources«.
>
> Two bibliographies was created and loaded with
> \setupbibtex[database={prim,sec}].
>
> But for the last step in my intention I’m looking for something to the
> effect that
>
> \placepublications[database=prim]
>
> or in a similar manner to
>
> \nocite{*}
>
> for every bib-database.
>
> Is there any solution or workaround?
Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I was absent from the list for a week.  I'd
suggest you'd give the librarian module a try that was announced to this
list by Aditya earlier.

If you have the time I recommend waiting for a solution by Taco.

Else if neither librarian nor waiting are an option for you, you might
want to have a look at this:
http://i40.tinypic.com/debiaf.jpg
it is using a “keyword” field to typeset multible bibliographies by
keywords so your problem could be solved by a short sed script and cat.
Various citation modes are already implemented as well as support for
all publication types that I need myself -- i.e. book, article and
inbook.  Everything is done in lua (the bibtex.load() function be
praised) so no struggling with bibtex anymore.  As I was used to
biblatex I mainly imitated its approach to things like crossref'ing and
the “address” field.

This is by no means ready for release so please mail me off-list if
you're interested, maybe I could extend it to fit your needs.

Best regards,

Philipp