[NTG-context] randomize

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:45:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I get allways (10 times at least) the same result:
>> \starttext
>> \startluacode
>> math.randomseed(os.time())
>> \stopluacode
>>
>> Encode your Name and Surname as a
>> \startluacode
>> local a = {'null-terminated', 'dollar-terminated', 'Pascal'}
>> context('%s string', a[math.random(1,3)])
>> \stopluacode
>> \stoptext
>> How can I randomize this?
>
> Hmm... which version are you using?  I do get a ranom output each time.
> Tested with 2009.12.31 and  2010.03.20.
>
> Since the math seed is set after \starttext, it should overwrite the value
> after reading the tuc file.

Same here:

# for j in `seq 1 100`; do context test.tex &> /dev/null; pdftotext
test.pdf  -|grep Encode; done >> out

# nl out |tail -1
   100	Encode your Name and Surname as a null-terminated string

# grep 'Encode your Name and Surname as a Pascal string' out |nl|tail -1
    33	Encode your Name and Surname as a Pascal string

# grep 'Encode your Name and Surname as a dollar-terminated string'
out |nl|tail -1
    35	Encode your Name and Surname as a dollar-terminated string

# grep 'Encode your Name and Surname as a null-terminated string' out
|nl|tail -1
    32	Encode your Name and Surname as a null-terminated string

which is pretty good for only 100 samples

--
luigi