[NTG-context] randomize

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Apr 7 05:05:05 CEST 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I get allways (10 times at least) the same result:
> \startluacode
> math.randomseed(os.time())
> \stopluacode
>
> Encode your Name and Surname as a
> \startluacode
> local a = {'null-terminated', 'dollar-terminated', 'Pascal'}
> context('%s string', a[math.random(1,3)])
> \stopluacode
> How can I randomize this?

Hmm... which version are you using?  I do get a ranom output each time.
Tested with 2009.12.31 and  2010.03.20.

Since the math seed is set after \starttext, it should overwrite the value
after reading the tuc file.

Actually, I consider saving the random number in tuc file to be a
misfeature. A random sequence generator should generate a random sequence.
If I want the same behavior all the time, I can use
\setupsystem[random=12345] (which should also set
math.randomseed).

Aditya