[NTG-context] new error in Context under Linux

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Apr 4 12:17:30 CEST 2010

On 4-4-2010 10:31, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I got an new error compiling the example p28-30 of the Excursion with
> \startcombination...\stopcombination
> !load otf : file size: 112404
> !load otf : enhancing ...
> !load otf : saving in cache:
> /home/alain/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman8-bold.otf
> ! Argument of \docheckifiteminsetelse has an extra }.
> <inserted text>
> \par
> <to be read again>
> }
> \@@kjtabletitle ->Use of \type {\setuptables }
> .
> \doif #1#2->\edef \!!stringa {#1
> }\edef \!!stringb {#2}\ifx \!!stringa \!!str...
> \dostructurecountercomponent ...\c!title }\v!none
> {\setfalse \hasstructureco...
> \docompletefloat ...c!title ={#4},\c!bookmark =][]
> \globallet \currentfloatnu...
> l.420 \stopcombination
> ?

the problem with \type is that it adapts catcodes and therefore it goes
ok in the text

we used to stringify the first token but that's now always ok either

now, in mkii all captions titlles etc end up unexpanded in the tui/o
file and in principle that should also happen in mkiv (depends on the
style)

in mkiv things are more complex as much more info travels around; there
we also keep track of catcode states and such

i need to look into this case but for the moment made the \setuptables
command unexpanded which is a good idea for any command that can make
troubles