[NTG-context] footnote and hyphens splitting between pages

Michael Saunders odradek5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 10:44:44 CEST 2010

>> Is there any way to prevent footnotes splitting between pages? ?I
>> thought the undocumented key, 'split' might control this (who knows?),
>> but it has no effect on anything.
>>
>> Also, is there any way to prevent hyphenation between pages?

luigi scarso:

> I'm completely ignorant about this subject.
> Do you have a pathological example to test ?

Consider a page of  "Lorem ipsum dolor..." containing within its first
half, a half-page long footnote of "Lorem ipsum dolor...".   Context
is likely to start the footnote on page one and continue it on page
two.  I want to forbid this.

In the second case, imagine a very long book of  "Lorem ipsum
dolor...".  There are likely to be occasions where a word is
hyphenated at the very end of the page, splitting a word between two
pages.  I want to forbid this too.