[NTG-context] pk-directory

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Mar 29 15:17:40 CEST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:43:58AM +0100, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Arthur Reutenauer
> <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:
> >> may we can be package them in an otf format
> >
> >  Right, OpenType can embed bitmap fonts (even TrueType could, if I'm
> > not mistaken);
> true
> > if the font is only available as PK, it should be
> > possible to make it into an OpenType font, using FontForge, for example.
>  I'm not sure maybe with mftrace
> http://lilypond.org/mftrace/

I would imagine one day luatex being able to read metafont fonts's, pass
them through mplib to generate splines then through fontloader to build
OpenType fonts out of it, so one can still use metafonts metaness with
the complex layout feature of opentype and it vector fonts.

But given how few metafont fonts is (and only one family is really a
"meta" font), the effort seems not so worthy.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny