[NTG-context] pk-directory

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Mar 27 11:45:53 CET 2010

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> may we can be package them in an otf format
>
>   Right, OpenType can embed bitmap fonts (even TrueType could, if I'm
> not mistaken); if the font is only available as PK, it should be
> possible to make it into an OpenType font, using FontForge, for example.

The chance of this working is minimal. For certain, I have never
tested bitmapped opentype fonts, and I also am sure that subsetting
won't work at all. Also, I am even less interested in bitmapped
opentype fonts than I am in pk files.

>   That being said, I realize that it means Metafont fonts can't be used
> in Mark IV, am I right?

Dumping a ready-made pk file in the local directory worked last
time I tried it.

Best wishes,
Taco