[NTG-context] xml and catcode switching

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 24 08:50:27 CET 2010

Good morning!

On 2010-03-23 <18:48:15>, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 22-3-2010 10:53, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> >Hi,
> >

> >I'm formatting lots of urls and as some of them have ampersands in them
> >I switch&  to letter wherever they are placed.  This works fine unless
> >combined with XML which seems to impose its own catcodes on things.  How
> >could I fix things in the following example?
>
> \goto{\hyphenatedurl{...}}[url(...)]

<facepalm> I somehow entirely missed the trivial solution: not
specifying an alternate description. </facepalm>

Thanks for the hint with \goto, I didn't know that before.  As there was
no hit on the wiki search when asking it for “url” I created an article for
this lemma; please add the stuff I missed.

Philipp