[NTG-context] framedtext

Hans van der Meer H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Tue Mar 23 13:34:02 CET 2010

I experience the following behaviour of framedtext in relation to
inright and inleft.
With \startframedtext[offset=value] the positioning of left and right
margin inserts shifts with the size of 'value'.

The next example shows the shift to the right of L2 and R2 (both mkii
and mkiv). Change the offset to see the margin notes L2/R2 shift.
\starttext
\showframe[text,margin,edge]
ABC
\inright{\framed[width=10mm,height=5mm]{R1}}
\inleft{\framed[width=10mm,height=5mm]{L1}}
\startframedtext[offset=2cm]
XYZ
\inright{\framed[width=10mm,height=5mm]{R2}}
\inleft{\framed[width=10mm,height=5mm]{L2}}
\stopframedtext
\stoptext

Pictured:
..L1.|...................|.R1
^ = frame lines of showpage

I wonder if this is correct behaviour. The margins are imho fixed
areas, defined as the areas on the left/right of the textframe. One
would expect the margin texts put just there, not influenced by
something that happens to be placed in the text.
Or am I amiss?

Hans van der Meer