[NTG-context] header in the middle on doublesided layout

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:11:47 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 23.03.10 11:55, schrieb luigi scarso:
>>
>> different behavior between mkiv and mkii --- what is right ?
>
> I think mkiv is right, the left page should contain the header (last section
> here) unless specified otherwise.
I don't know. This is right, for both.

\showframe

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=footer]

\setupheader[text][middletext=\strut\doifoddpageelse{\getmarking[section][first]}{\getmarking[section][last]}]

\starttext
\dorecurse{4}
 {\chapter{Chapter #1}
   \dorecurse{3}{\section{Section #1.##1}\input knuth \input tufte }}
\stoptext

It seem that for mkii a blank page is not part of a chapter --- this
is logical: the chapter ends before.
For mkiv blank page is  part of a chapter --- this is also ok: the
chapter ends just before the next chapter.

--
luigi