[NTG-context] luatex pdf.immediateobj("streamfile" error on Mac OS X Intel 64

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 21:27:06 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 17:35, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Michail Vidiassov wrote:
>>
>> complaining
>>
>> MTXrun | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution
>> interrupted
>
> That's clearly a big crash. Does your luatex have revision numbers
> in the banner already?

No (but I can tell you that it's the released version of beta-0.52).
Binaries in minimals don't contain the SVN revision number information
(maybe I just need to figure out which additional folder I need to
sync, so that svn info will work properly; before you have introduced
compilation of revision numbers into the binary, I decided to use
"rsync --exclude '.svn' ..." and I need to fix that).

I can confirm the crash and confirm that the 32-bit and PPC version of
the same luatex version doesn't crash.

Mojca

PS: this is the first time that I see the following error in mkiv
since a long time:

> context str.tex
MTXrun | run 1: luatex
--fmt="/Users/mojca/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/bce2a35a5270714da084d11faf744f76/formats/cont-en"
--lua="/Users/mojca/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/bce2a35a5270714da084d11faf744f76/formats/cont-en.lui"
--backend=pdf "./str.tex"
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.52.0-2010031913
 \write18 enabled.

(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)MTXrun | fatal error: return code: 1

Minimal steps to reproduce it: overwrite one luatex binary with
another. The format gets regenerated automatically when ConTeXt
version changes, but apparently not when LuaTeX chenges.