[NTG-context] \hyphenation problems

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:26:59 CET 2010

Am 22.03.10 16:03, schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:
> 3. Your caption: well, since you do not apply the bodyfontswitch to all of the lines, but to each line individually, you never give ConTeXt a chance to calculate the interlinespace. You shouldn't format individual lines, but use something like this:
>
> \setupcaptions[style={\switchtobodyfont[9pt]},
> 	       align=center]
>
> However, I was surprised to see that the caption was not centered below the image, so I ended up with
>
> \placefigure [left]
> {\framed[align=middle,frame=off]{Joel Wheelock in track uniform \\
> {\it Cumberland County Historical \\
> Society, Carlisle, PA}}}
> {\externalfigure[dummy][width=2.2 in]}
>
> This works, but seems like a kludge. Anything better?

\setupcaptions
[number=no,
style={\switchtobodyfont[9pt]\raggedcenter}]

\starttext

\placefigure
[left]
{Joel Wheelock in track uniform\crlf
\it Cumberland County Historical\crlf
Society, Carlisle, PA}
{\externalfigure[dummy][width=1.8in]}

On the whole he was a good coach and deserves praise for developing such a
fine squad out of so many raw recruits, for we must remember that only a few
of our last year's Varsity men came back this year. The school's yearbook
recorded 1917 as a 3–4 season but {\it cfbdatawarehouse.com} includes two
more games, a forfeit by Temple and a 73–0 thrashing of Millersburg, giving
Wheelock a 5–4 record for his only year as a head coach.

\stoptext

Wolfgang