[NTG-context] simplefonts

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Mar 13 07:19:28 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 06:35:30AM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 12.03.10 23:29, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> >ok, i was thinking of embedded optical sized (i.e. one font file
> >that has several sizes)
> Is there anything besides different sizes in opentype math fonts and
> the ruby feature in cjk fonts?

OpenType fonts can set a size feature, setting the optical size of the
font and the size range in which it is used, so different font files in
the same family with different optical sizes can be set (like LM).
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#size
But I don't think there is support for a single font file with different
optical sizes.

Fontloader already expose the size info if present, we wrote some code
for LaTeX that loads the best optical size automatically based on the
requested font size, it isn't that hard.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny