[NTG-context] interlinespace confusion (MkIV)

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Fri Mar 12 14:41:48 CET 2010

Hi,

I am totally confused by interlinespace usage in mkiv ...

Please have a look at this torture test below:

Setting bodytext to a tight interlinespace works by \setuplayout[grid=both].

But \chapter doesn't get right:
Either you use \setuplocalinterlinespace, then you  might get an extra space between the first and the second chaper line,
or you use \setupinterlinespace, then the bodytext interlinespace gets disturbed.

[btw: and how do I get a tight interlinespace in \chapter too?? here grid=both doesn't work ...]

Could someone please help?!

Steffen

-----

\usetypescript[postscript]
\definetypeface[postscript][rm][serif][times][default]
\mainlanguage[de]

\setupbodyfont[postscript,10pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=9pt]

\def\MyChapter{%
 \switchtobodyfont[rm,13pt]\bf
 \setuplocalinterlinespace[line=16pt]% <- spurious space between 1. and 2. line
% \setupinterlinespace[line=16pt]% <- bodytext interlinespace disturbed
 }

\setuphead[chapter]
[grid=both,style=\MyChapter]

\setuplayout[grid=both]