[NTG-context] MetaPost filesize

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 10:53:43 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 20:33, Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Am 06.03.2010 19:42, schrieb Troy Henderson:
>>> Ok then.  Now for a newbie question.  What is the best way to update
>>> LuaTeX?  I assumed the first-setup.sh script in my ConTeX-minimals
>>> installation would do it for me.
>>>
>> i always update by hand, so better ask Mojca about it.
>
> Some binaries are there, for example on
>    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/linux-64/luatex/trunk/
> but there's no guarantee that the version is always recent enough
> (there's generally not enough need compile a new version of luatex
> every day).
>
> With a minimal fix of mtx-update.lua it should be possible to fetch
> the version of luatex from "trunk".
svn is for developers, and I suppose that if one needs a trunk realese
then is a kind of power user
and knows how to download and build luatex from svn (which is easy, btw).
I don't see the need to update mtx-update.lua to manage trunk release.

--
luigi