[NTG-context] suggestions for context documentation

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri Mar 5 00:05:17 CET 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, James Fisher wrote:

> A bit of a diversion here, but two questions about the plethora of PDF docs:
>
> * Where are the TeX sources of all these manuals kept?

svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals (seems to be down at the moment)

browsable at

http://context.aanhet.net/svn/

This information is also available on the wiki
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation)

> * What are the licenses on all these various things?  In particular the
> Pragma documents.  Would I be *allowed*, if I so wanted, to embark on a
> collated version of all of this -- i.e., are derivative works allowed?

The program code (i.e. anything not under the /doc subtree) is distributed
under the GNU GPL; the documentation is provided under Creative Commons
Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike license.

So, derivative work is allowed, provided you do not sell your work.

The new user manaul
http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/contextman/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Fcontext-reference%2F
is a attempt to be a collected version of all the documents, and it is
under GNU Free Documentation License, so if you copy from there, your
result should have the same license.

Aditya