[NTG-context] suggestions for context documentation

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Mar 4 22:40:20 CET 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Michael Saunders wrote:

> The important thing is:  is there _ever_ going to be a manual?   I

You mean like the beginner's manual

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/ms-cb-en.pdf

and the user manual

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/cont-eni.pdf

> want to try Context, but I've been putting it off for years because
> it's not really practical without documentation.

Things that have changed in MKIV
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mk.pdf

Integrating metafun graphics
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/metafun-s.pdf

On typography
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/style.pdf

XML
http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xml-mkiv.pdf

amongst 46 others by Pragma

http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-1.htm
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/This_Way

and other user written documents

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MyWay

and then there is the wiki.

I agree that some of these are outdated, some are not complete, but
documentation does exist. What is missing in the documentation that
prevented you from even starting using ConTeXt for *years*.

Aditya